Yantra 8.0 is going to be a continuation of this proud tradition. This year will be bigger and better as the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology will be jointly organizing this event. Our network and reach continue to grow and so does the level of expertise our participants bring to the event every year.
The Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology (Nepali: शिक्षा, विज्ञान तथा प्रविधि मन्त्रालय) is a governmental body of Nepal responsible for the overall development of education, science and technology in Nepal. The ministry is responsible for formulating educational & STI policies and plans and managing and implementing them across the country through the institutions under it. The Central Level Agencies (CLAs) under the Ministry are responsible for designing and implementing programs and monitoring them. Five Regional Education Directorates (REDs) are responsible for monitoring the programs undertaken by the district level organizations. Seventy-five District Education Offices (DEOs) and One Thousand Ninety-one Resource Centres (RCs) at the local level are mainly the implementing agencies of the educational policies, plans, and programs. Moreover, all the functional units of the MoE and other constituent and autonomous bodies within the framework of the Ministry are parts of the organizational structure geared for achieving its goals and carry out its functions.
Robotics Association Of Nepal[RAN] is a not-for-profit non-governmental organization that provides a platform for students and tech enthusiasts all over Nepal to promote, educate and to get more Nepali to explore the field of robotics, electronics, automation, and makers. RAN We started in 2011 through the hands-on training and workshops about robotics and electronics automation. Each year we have initiated new things to make education better and more fun. In 2016, we started “Miss-Tech”, to promote women’s participation in the field of technology – by women, for women.
We have been organizing an Annual National and International Level Robotics Competition as part of Yantra for the last 7 years. Yantra provides engineering, high schools, and secondary school students and maker enthusiasts with knowledge and collaboration.
The mission of a Yantra is to create a platform that aims to encourage interdisciplinary cross-pollination among the creative and technical fields with a focus on learning and exchange. Creating Robotics Industry In Nepal by 2030 is the long term mission of Yantra 8.0 as well. Each Edition of Yantra features International Robotics competitions, RoboBusiness Cup, Yantra Preparatory workshops, Yantra Learning and other multidisciplinary programs. The theme of Yantra 8.0 is “Robotics and AI for Sustainable Development ” and the tagline is “Science, Technology and Innovation, Socio-Economic Transformation”.
Objectives of Yantra 8.0
- Implementation and development of Science, Technology, and Innovation to maximize National Production capacity through Robotics and Automation. [ STI Policy 6.1]
- Push innovation and entrepreneurship based on emerging technologies of Nepal. [ STI policy 6.2 ]
- Build Globally competent Nepalese young robotics and automation manpower.
- Providing International exposure to young Robotics and Tech enthusiasts.
- Economic Empowerment of Youth through Science, Technology, and Innovation [ Pillar 1: Youth Strategy for Nepal 2018-2022 ]
- Robotics & AI as a problem-solving tool.
- Encouraging the practice of science, technology, and innovation all over Nepal as a result of Youth Civic Engagement.
Goals of Yantra 8.0
The main goal of this event is to encourage youth to practice robotics with passion, by offering them an unforgettable technical and human experience.
- Attract Investment for the development of Science, Technology, and Innovation. [ STI Policy 7.5]
- Improve the capacity of Robotics and Automation Engineers and IT professionals in Nepal qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Progress the design from the current prototype model towards a viable commercial product
- Develop Modern technologies for Agricultural, Health, Manufacturing, Industrial, Tourism. Smart cities Sector through the promotion of Science, Technology, and Innovation. [ STI Policy 7.2 ].
For the Themebook of all the events please navigate to the individual event page.
Don’t Miss the Teaser of Yantra 8.0 Science, Tech and Entrepreneurship Festival